Pantoprazole CAS number 102625-70-7
Before taking pantoprazole,
* tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to pantoprazole or any
* tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription
medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are
taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: ampicillin ; ketoconazole
and vitamins containing iron. Your doctor may need to change the doses of
your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
* tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are
breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking pantoprazole, call your
Some medical conditions may interact with Pantoprazole . Tell your doctor or
pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the
following apply to you:
* if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
* if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal
preparation, or dietary supplement
* if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
* if you have liver problems or stomach or bowel cancer
* if you have low blood zinc levels
* Pantoprazole should be used with caution in Asian patients; the risk of
side effects may be increased in these patients.
* Pantoprazole should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than
18 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been
* PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor.
You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Pantoprazole while
you are pregnant. Pantoprazole is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed
while taking Pantoprazole .